Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ina


Ina Garten's Back To Basics Cookbook was tried and deemed true on our Tahoe girls' trip this past weekend. We cooked our entire dinner from this cookbook, and everything was just too darn good for words. I am going to buy it because a) it was a culinary success and b) it reminds me of my friends. We made a mozzarella, fontina, goat cheese, and arugula pizza hor d'oeuvre, mushroom risotto served with flank steak, and oatmeal raisin pecan cookies to appease our sweet teeth. I admire my friends because:

The fact is that it takes more than ingredients and technique to cook a good meal. A good cook puts something of herself into the preparation - she cooks with enjoyment, anticipation, spontaneity, and she is willing to experiment. - Pearl Bailey

Absolutely.

No comments: