Wednesday, March 25, 2009

bulletin board wisdom


In prepping (or procrastinating) for moving day, I sorted through the multiple layers of magazine tearings tacked to my bulletin board.  It's interesting to see how tastes evolve.  When I reached the first layer, I found several fantastic quotes clippings.  Bear with me, as a few are missing their by-line:

Choose clothes for the life you live, not the life you desire.  And if you find a piece you're crazy about, buy it in multiples.

I would like to see a little more creativity.  Dress for yourself.  Surprise yourself.  Impress yourself.  People will notice.

I've learned to never fantasize about being a lady who lunches.  It's much more fun to be a woman who lives.

When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier.

My beauty ideal is that modern woman who is slightly not put together.  I think imprefections are beautiful.
Aerin Lauder

Don't criticize other women.  Makes us all look bad.
Do throw out your five-year plan and be open to the unexpected.
Don't become obsessed with accessories.  Become obsessed with knowledge.  Accessories come and go; knowledge lasts forever.
Do remember men are people.  Don't change for them.
Do figure out what you love to do and do it.  From there, all good things will come.
Candace Bushnell

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh, those are good. I might have to use a few for my "Quote of the Day" box.

Yes, we would TOTALLY be fast friends. I already count you as a friend via the web.

I love your blog too! It is just the kind of blog I like reading. Your insights and passions are such a joy to read about.

Thank you for your blog! And thank you for supporting my blog!