Sunday, April 12, 2009

easter ease


Hello again.  It's been awhile.  No need to reacquaint; I'll just jump right back in.  So, I realized I've been judging my level of feeling settled against three very vital things:
1. Internet/cable installation
2. City parking permit
3. Gym membership
As 1 was checked off yesterday (finally!) - 2 has yet to actualize (read: I find the DMV unnecessarily obnoxious) - and 3 I intend to take care of today, after my nap, you know, yes, right, I think I'm well on my way.

This weekend, while filled with crucial R&R after a blurry two weeks, was relatively productive.  My activities ran the gamut, but highlights an impromptu concert in Montclair on Saturday night and the making of an incredibly simple strawberry jam recipe:
4 cups strawberries
1 cup sugar
Put ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, stirring and skimming off froth until slightly thickened, 20 to 30 minutes.  Let cool.
It has been so long since I've perused the blog world for delightful second-hand inspiration. I think you will enjoy Nichole's vivid spring post, as well as this fantastic print from the love shop.

Enjoy your Easter,  I'm off to take a cozy nap.

2 comments:

Allie said...

SO good to have you back, friend. Hope NYC is treating you well. Oh please, I really don't need to hope; I'm SURE it's amazing.

Allie said...

Oh my goodness, I tried making some strawberry jam but I think it's more of a sauce than a jam. Oh well. I also added some lemon juice, which I think is a nice touch. Thanks for the idea!