Sunday, April 26, 2009

content

Oh my.  What a weekend.  It was a whirlwind of sights seen and phenomenal meals shared.  We enjoyed the Met (my favorite exhibit was John Vanderlyn's Panoramic View of the Palace and Gardens of Versailles), were inspired by In the Heights on Broadway (so so good), did a bit of shopping and a lot of walking, and ate the best restaurants I've eaten at in so long.  Yes Mom, it isn't all about the food - it's about the company.   BUT.  The these restaurants are absolutely worth mentioning:


They all have in common Italian food and relatively expensive menus, but they are definitely doable sans-parents, aka appetizers and a glass or two of wine.  I'm very much looking forward to going back.

Having my parents here made this place feel more like home.  You are too good to me, and while thank you and I love you seem hardly sufficient, I mean those words from the bottom of my (very full) heart.  Miss you already.

No comments: