Friday, July 24, 2009

finally

What a ridiculous work week.  TGIF, no?  Yes.  

Tomorrow I'm heading into the office for a bit, as Monday's to-do list is miles long without so much as an end in sight.  Why care so much?  Because I've put an ungodly amount of myself into this job, and while feedback of any sort, good or bad, is a rarity, I can't not do my best.  It would turn all previous personal sacrifices to pot.  

Plus, I want to be really good once I'm out in the field - an amicable agent of change capable of getting things done.  Until then and especially right at this moment, I'm feeling a lot like Holiday Golightly on her fire escape.

Tomorrow won't all be bad, as I'm also counting on a work out, a quick trip to the mall, and dinner with a friend.  

...well, now there's that hardly recognizable light at the end of the Tunnel of Impossible Proportions.


1 comment:

bk grew-zen-ski said...

You would be making MLK proud. Doing your best is a gift...

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."-Martin Luther King Jr.